James D. Foshee
Senior High School Principal
Senior High School Administrative Secretary
3800 Geist Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
Students: 7:45 am - 2:15 pm
Office: 7:15 am - 2:45 pm
Announcements & Upcoming Events
As part of the Ignition program, the first day of school for all high schools, Wednesday, August 20, 2014 is reserved for freshmen and new students only. All other high school students in grades 10 through 12 start school the following day, Thursday, August 21, 2014.
• Wednesday, August 20, 2014 – first day of school for students in grade 1 through grade 9 as well as all new students.
• Thursday, August 21, 2014 – first day of school for all returning students in grades 10 through 12.
Ignition is a transition program that helps students build relationships and make a positive shift to high school. On the first day of school, freshmen and new students meet with mentors, attend group activities, tour buildings and familiarize themselves with class schedules.
Welcome to school, students!
District Names Principal of West Valley High
Most recently, Principal Foshee held the position of assistant principal of West Valley High. Prior to West Valley High, he served as principal of Joy Elementary School as well as two other schools in rural Alaska. In addition to his leadership positions, Foshee also holds more than 10 years of teaching experience at the middle and high school level.
“Mr. Foshee is an accomplished educator with considerable experience as a school principal,” said Superintendent Dr. Karen Gaborik.
“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to lead our school and am fortunate to step into a position that is supported by such a student-focused and professional staff,” said Foshee. “We have an exceptional student body and highly involved families which will help to facilitate a fantastic school year.”
Distance Delivery Course Information
If you are a West Valley student who has enrolled in one of the distance delivery courses, either sending from West Valley or receiving at West Valley from another school, you need to download the Parent Information letter and Equipment Permission contract located below. There will be a distance delivery parent/student information session at West Valley on August 19th from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. iPads will be provided to all students enrolled in a distance delivery course and checked out during the information session on August 19th. The Equipment Permission form must be completed and signed prior to any iPads being checked out to students.
|DD Parent letter 2014.pdf|
Find Your Stop
Bus stop locations for the 2014-2015 school year are available at k12northstar.org/map.
Stop locations should be verified for students who have moved or changed schools including those who transitioned from one school to another.
To request a new or altered bus stop call the transporation department at 452-2000, option 4.
New Student Registration!
Welcome to the 'Pack! We are proud of our school, our students and the work we do in our local community. Being a part of the Wolfpack means choosing to pursue excellence, demand the best from yourself, and be an active part of a diverse school community. We want you here!
- New student registration is August 11th, 12th, and 13th between 8:00-3:30 p.m. To make an appointment, please call 479-4221 ext 9111 and ask to set up a new student registration appointment. The Counseling office will be open beginning August 1st, from 7:15-3:15.
- You will want to plan ahead and be sure you arrive with current shot records, your last report card or a transcript from your previous school (if coming from another high school), and if you plan to participate in any school activities, please share that with your counselor during registration so they can direct you to the activities coordinator once your appointment is complete!
- If you plan to take any of our honors classes, please look on our website for all summer homework assignments. This way, you will have all work completed before your first day of school!
- And if you are an incoming freshman, be sure to plan to be a part of IGNITION on August 20th - the first day of school for freshmen. See you in August!
Summer Assignments for Courses at WVHS
Summer assignments are a part of several courses at WVHS. We are listing those courses below and providing the assignments for students who are requesting or enrolled in these courses. Please read the assignments carefully - most are due the first day of classes in August. If you have questions, you can contact WV administration after July 20th from 8:00 - 3:00 p.m. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you in August!
English 9 Honors
English 10 Honors
AP Langauge & Composition
AP English LIterature & Composition
AP Calculus AB
AP US History: From Mr. Holloway: "I've posted the summer assignments on the following web page... wvhsapush.weebly.com The assignments are reading and note taking, with an essay and discussion due the first week of school in the fall."
|WV AP Language Summer 2014.pdf||115|
|WV AP Literature Summer 2014.pdf||106|
|WV English 9 Honors Summer 2014.pdf||153|
|WV English 10H Summer 2014.pdf||138|
|WVHS AP Calculua AB Summer Assignment.pdf||117|
West Valley Daily Bell Schedule 2014-2015
Attached is the daily bell schedule for the 2014-2015 school year. Please note that for special assemblies or events at school, we will create an alternate bell schedule and publish that for student a week in advance. Weeks with semester exams, in December and in May, have altered bell schedules as well.
|FINAL DRAFT BELL SCHEDULE 2013-2014.pdf||1570|